Sunday, March 15, 2009

WHY LABEL??

I have been hearing this world for the last 5yrs but could not understand whether it have got a good connotation or bad.....People when call one by this name their tome is usually sarcastic and their attitude have a touch of ridicule....I am really really confused and time to time when people label me with this word i think whether i should take it as a complement or do what???

The adjective I'm talking about is NERD!!!


To me studies are my first priority, though i wasn't able to achieve good grades in my A-levels but have always been very hard working. I believe in putting an extra 100% when it comes to studies...probably it is because my parents have struggled alot to provide s with the best education. My dad used to work in a top-notch MNC, he worked there for 19yrs. i was just in class forth when the company was merged and my father had to take golden handshake and leave the job. My dad started with another job where his income was relatively very low to his previous job. My dad could have changed my school and put me in an average school where the fees would be less. but he did not took such an easy step...my young sis was in class 2 and studying in one of the most elite schools of Karachi.

At that time i was just 9years old, but this all have made me prioritize my studies. People make fun of me that i study alot, I'm a NERD, i do not enjoy life and all that...but i think its all crap..it is just the way you prioritize things in your life. everyone have a different approach to life. I think its essential to study hard, get good grades, maintain a high GPA. I know this is not a measure of your intelligence but to me its a measure of persistence, commitment. And for me its a playing field where i believe in holding the leverage by getting good grades.

So hardwork be it anywhere is the most worthy thing one can possess. And i believe in working hard for my grades. The sense of satisfaction and achievement i get from it is amazing. So all you guys who make fun of many of us who work hard and study and aim for high grades and gpa's are not fools, weirdos, idiots,stupids. It's just that to us the most important thing to us is studies and good grades...

So all those who make fun, please note that its just our top most priority and when we don't joke about your priorities you should not make fun of others like me and please don't put labels on us!!

It's all about RESPECTING:)

3 comments:

  1. "i believe in working hard for my grades. The sense of satisfaction and achievement i get from it is amazing"

    i can write a thesis on this statement.. u don't get hold of a nerd everyday who gets satisfaction by STUDYING :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. but i admire your spirit of Hardwork and the amount of effort u've put in making this blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think i pretty much know what you're trying to convey, but why care what people label you as?

    ReplyDelete