Saturday, March 14, 2009

Female Education

Just after 5months after my eleventh grade started a fellow class mate of mine got married. And then one after another my friends who were just 16 or 17 years old got married. Even a few of my juniors got engaged. This was pretty disturbing for me.

I don't know why i used to feel awkward when i hear a girl of my age or even younger than me getting married...I try a lot to figure out the reasons but unfortunately i could not. ....i think all girls should do their gradation at least and live some years of their life independent...earning, seeing the corporate world, gaining some practical experience. i think these few things are really really important for all girls keeping in view the society we belong to. the job wont bring any riches in monetary form to a girl or her family but the valuable experience she gains is a life saviour. when you go out and meet different people one learns many things which no university nor any college nor any friend nor anyone of your family could teach you.

I personally learn alot when i go for those corporate interviews for my reports...So far at IBA i have only done around 10 of such interviews but what i learnt in those 10 sessions was never told to me by any of my teacher. obviously its not something explicit and overtly written that I'm asking you to memorize but i believe with every step you take a whole new world filled with knowledge and learning strikes you.

I am a strong support of female education because what they have to face after marriage they need proper education to handle that....they need the knowledge of practical world and the sense of dealing with circumstances and this could only be attained through experience:)

1 comment:

  1. I kind of agree with what you have discussed here.. I think in this age it is imperative for evryone to acquire education and let's not forget there are alot of Hadith that support the acquisition of education..

    As for the early marriages..it is mosstly due to family pressures..n I wud just wanna say that even if a girl does decide to get married early she should try to complete her education afterwards..

    ReplyDelete